Sunday, February 15, 2015

Is It Spring Yet?!

It's that time of year around the homestead where we start planning our vegetable gardens.Yes, that's plural! I'll be taking over 3 of our flower gardens and converting them into vegetable and herb gardens - so excited! And we also start setting up for peeps!

(ignore all the muck, it's been a pretty messy winter here)

I'm trying to avoid buying peeps this year (although if I see any blue or green egg layers on sale, I may have to grab them) and instead I will be attempting to hatch out some pretty impressive Heinz 57 mixes from our brood. I'm expecting most of the eggs to be from our Cochin roo. We do have 2 roos that we kept from last season that are Buff x Barred mixes but they haven't quite figured out how to woo the ladies so I'm fairly certain they will all be from our Cochin, AJ.

Keep your fingers crossed that we have a good batch!

No comments:

Post a Comment