Ingredients for Skillet Cake:
- 1 Box of cake mix of your choosing. We used Devils Food Cake.
- One can of frosting of your choice. We chose chocolate.
- 1/2 cup of pecans cut up into pieces.
Mix your cake batter according to box directions, spray Pam or use butter to grease the skillet. We use a 10 inch cast iron skillet. Pre heat oven according to box directions. Pour mixed batter into skillet and bake according to box directions.
While cake is baking you can put your frosting into a bowl and add Pecans. Stir in Pecans. Set aside until the cake is ot of the oven and cooled off some. We left out a few to garnish the top with!
Add your frosting and scatter the Pecans over the top! Now my favorite part! Go get you some Ice Cream out and put 2-3 big scoops on your Cake and enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!
- ice cream (for serving)
- caramel sauce (for serving)
- whipped cream (for serving)
Source - Backroads Living