Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Non-Messy Maple Syrup Pancakes

My kiddos love pancakes. They also really, really like syrup. This also means a really, really big sticky mess. I've found syrup in places I didn't think it could ever exist in, after serving up a batch of light, fluffy pancakes. So I thought, why not add the syrup to the batter? The kids will get the same maple syrup flavor they love, and I have less of a mess to clean up. Genius! So here's my super simple recipe for Maple Syrup Pancakes.


Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
1 cup 2% milk
2 Tablespoons canola oil
1 Tablespoon maple syrup (this can be adjusted...I add more for more flavor!)

Directions
In a small bowl, combine dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl combine the egg, milk, oil and syrup. Stir into dry ingredients until blended.

Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a lightly greased hot griddle. Flip when bubbles form on top of the pancakes. Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve!

And for my fellow Bisquik users, you can do the same thing...just mix the syrup with the liquids before adding to the dry mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment