Thursday, December 11, 2014

Slacking

How has a month slipped by already?! Sorry for the lack of posts! With all the chaos of Thanksgiving and now Christmas and we're expecting our little man to arrive any time after that, things have been CRAZY! But, we are completely ready for his arrival. I take being organized and planning ahead very seriously (I swear I probably have OCD) and the car seat, diaper bag and hospital bag have been packed and ready to go for weeks. His nursery is completely set up, all his clothes are washed and packs of diapers are waiting! I'm sure there is something I'm probably forgetting though!

Anyway, we have been busy around the homestead and all this snow has been making things quite a mess! The chickens are very happy to have the gutter installed (their enclosed run is beside the back of our garage and all the runoff from the roof was flooding their run). We also put a roof over half of their run so even when it's raining they can go outside and not get soaked...it will also provide shade in the summer as well. Hopefully this weekend we will be butchering about 5 chickens and then I think our to-do list for the outdoors is fairly complete until spring - other than shoveling snow!

I have a couple posts that I'm currently working on so stay tuned and I promise to update more frequently! Happy Holidays!!!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment