Friday, February 14, 2014

Snow Ice Cream

Yes, we had to jump on the bandwagon of making snow ice cream. It's so easy, how could we pass it up?! First collect your non-snow ingredients and mix them together...

1 cup milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
a pinch of salt
8 cups snow

I am a horrible cook - hence why I sell Tastefully Simple! The food is easy to make and is delicious and makes me look like I know what I'm doing hahaha. I am also probably the only person that doesn't have vanilla extract in their pantry. So, I substituted with the only other thing I had...chocolate extract. Don't ask me why I have it, I didn't even know it existed but it somehow found it's way to my pantry. Anyway, whisk the four ingredients together and pop them in the fridge while you run outside to grab the snow.


Mix everything together until you have the consistency that you like. I used a spoon and mixed until it easily clumped together and was scoop-able.


The chocolate extract didn't quite give it a standard ice cream chocolate-y flavor, but it wasn't half bad and the kiddos didn't seem to mind at all (and I have some picky eaters!) they were even asking for seconds! Just don't forget to eat quickly before it all melts!


No comments:

Post a Comment